St. Louis, MO; Friday, September 15th, 2017
“We are entering a new generation for the Anhuser-Busch Family!” Said in a statement addressing the board of trustees of both Anhuser-Busch and Miller Brewing Co. “This sale has been a very long time in the making. Thankfully both companies were able to work together and agree during the contract negotiations.” Cesar Vargas, VP of legal and corporate affairs said in a short and tearful statement to the press after the contracts were signed.
Since June of 2015 Miller Brewing Co. and Anhuser-Busch Co. have been working towards this day. “Long hours and late nights”, said an independent tax attorney representing Miller. The negotiations started In the early morning hours of June 17th, 2013. “It has been the hardest thing I have ever had to do.” said, Marcel Marcondes, VP Marketing when referring to keeping all this out of the public after signing the gag order keeping all parties from disclosing or leaking any information of this enormous transaction for the past four years. The only details so far about the this move are as follows:
1. Anhuser-Busch relinquish all rights to the recipe of bud light no later than January 1st, 2018.
2. The Miller Brewing Co. has from January 1st, 2018 to May 31st, 2018 to impliment the recipe into the Miller line and have it ready for sales.
3. June 1st, 2018: Anhuser-Busch makes their last Bud Light(TM) and discontinues production.
4. June 29th, 2018: All “Bud Light” sales final, any remaining procduct is removed from all shelves.
5. June 30th, 2018: Miller Brewing Co. starts distribution of their new brand of light beer. (The name of the new line has yet to be disclosed with no word as to when Miller will release the name). While meeting with the press, Gavin Hattersly said, “Yes, we do have a name picked out for our new line of light beer. When we have all the kinks worked out of this transaction we will send out the name and marketing components to all or our vendors. Until then we appreciate everyone’s patience and we promise to make July 4th, 2018 the most memorable July 4th in a very, very long time.” June 30th, just happens to be the Saturday before July 4th. Alcohol sale rise 200% the week before the holiday as everyone prepares for their celebrations.
“It’s not the end, it’s only the beginning for us. We have bigger and better things planned for Anhuser-Busch.” Though in a public poll, the percentages show that 48.3% of customers are excited to see what will be next in the Anhuser-Busch family.
Article By: Alex Yeager (Associated Press)