Canton man dies of sugar overdose.

A Canton resident passed away earlier today from what officials believe to be the first ever sugar overdose. Jordan Cable, 30, passed from having extreme levels of sugar in his system.

Friends and family have told officials that they were concerned of his sugar consumption – especially when it came from snacks such as Jolly Ranchers and Sour Patch Kids. The death has brought much awareness around the community. The family stated they plan to start a GoFundMe with the proceeds going to nutritional research.

Cable is planned to be cremated with a private service next week.